When you join any UK online casino to play slots for real money you must have found that eWallets are a popular deposit options available to fund your online casino account. The famous e wallets used by UK players are Neteller and Skrill. Skrill also known as Moneybookers is one of the leading e-wallets available online today. It is the most trusted online payment mode which was formerly known as Moneybookers came into existence in 2001.
What is Skrill?
Skrill is an e wallet that allows payments and money transfers to be made online, with a focus on low-cost international money transfers. It is owned and operated by Skrill Limited, a UK-based company registered as a Money Service Business with Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and licensed to operate within the European Union.
On September 2011, Moneybookers announced that they would rebrand their service as Skrill. The rebranding of the product was completed in 2013. Skrill allows for sending and receiving payments in 41 currencies, supporting major credit and debit cards.
Skrill claims to have more than 36 million clients worldwide, that their service is available in 200 countries, and are accepted by more than 156.000 web shops and other internet pay-sites.
How to open your account with Skrill to make a deposit at casino?
- To make a deposit at online casino first you should have an account with Skrill.
- Once you open an account you can then only make money transactions, and also enjoy many more advantages and services that Skrill offers.
- Opening a Skrill account is free, is done in less than 5 minutes and the only real requirement is that one has to have a valid e-mail address.
- You can also download the Skrill app from iTunes or Google Play and open your account with your mobile.
When account is opened the account needs to be uploaded with funds to be able to make payments by Skrill. This can either be done using a credit card, an online or conventional bank transfer, other e-wallets or any other funds upload option that is accepted by Skrill. Which and how many options can be used as well as the processing time of the upload depends on the country in which the Skrill account holder is residing and which upload method is chosen. In most cases the uploaded money will be instantly available on the Skrill account.
As soon as there are funds available on the Skrill account it can be used in various ways:
- To make instant payments to any casino that accepts the Skrill payment system;
- To instantly withdraw money from casino and / or online accounts (back to your Skrill account);
- To instantly pay for purchases made in webshops;
- To instantly send money to (and / or receive money from) other Skrill account holders.
- When you want to transfer money from your Skrill account to your normal bank account or credit card account it can take up to a few days before this transfer is completed (subject to country).
An email address once assigned to a Skrill account can only be altered or removed with help of Skrill support, and there is a limit of four email addresses per account. An “inactivity fee” is charged on accounts that have not been used for more than 12 months.
Fees for using Skrill
The fees charged for using the different Skrill services are variable although Skrill strives to keep those fees as low as possible.
- Using your Skrill wallet to pay online is free
- Receiving money into your Skrill account is free
- Uploading funds into your Skrill account is usually free – some options involve a small charge, which will be clearly stated
- Sending money to an email address or another Skrill wallet costs 1.9% of the amount sent, with the charge capped at €20
If the currency of the payment is different than the currency on the Skrill account a foreign exchange rate will be charged.
How to make a deposit using Skrill at online casinos?
If you have a verified Skrill account you can enjoy the many advantages of this payment method. The service is easy, quick, anonymous and especially very safe in use. You can make payment transactions at almost every online casino with Skrill.
- On the ”Deposit” page of the online casino you choose “Skrill” (or “Moneybookers” as given below in the image (example Crazy Vegas or Karamba casino )
- You’ll be asked to provide your e-mail address with which you’ve registered at Skrill and the amount you want to deposit.
- If the currency of the casino account is different than the currency of your Skrill account you need to provide the currency of your Skrill account too.
- After this you’ll be asked to confirm the payment and you are re-directed to the Skrill website where you need to login on your account and confirm the payment again.
- Instantly the money will be transferred to your casino account and you can play your favorite casino games. Normally for deposits made in an online casino using the Skrill system no fee whatsoever is asked.
- Making withdrawals from the casino account with Skrill is virtually done in the same way as depositing with it. Also withdrawals are carried out instantly and in most online casinos no fees are asked to process the withdrawal.
Advantages using Skrill
The advantages of using Skrill for both depositing in online casinos as well as withdrawing are the following:
- The Skrill transactions are carried out instantly
- Payments made with Skrill are completely anonymous
- For Skrill payments normally no fees need to be paid
- The deposit / withdrawal procedure is very easy to carry out
- Transactions made with Skrill are very safe.
Disadvantages using Skrill
There are no disadvantages as such. Maybe the only disadvantage of using this payment method is the registration procedure which will take some (a few minutes) of your precious time. You need to provide your personal data and banking details and you need to make sure your Skrill account is always charged with money so you can make your online payments.
Best UK Casinos using Skrill as deposit option
Most of the best UK friendly casinos use Skrill as one of their payment modes of players. You get handsome bonus offers on your first deposit with Skrill. The following are the few reputed online casinos using skrill:
Once you make a deposit you can check the current status of the Skrill account and to see how many funds are available and which transactions have been made the Skrill account can be accessed on the Skrill website from all over the world (by internet).
Note that the transactions made with Skrill are completely anonymous as the only occasion on which personal and / or financial date has to be provided is when opening the account and when uploading the account with funds. No information is revealed to the recipients of payments by using the e-wallet and the service uses the most sophisticated encryption software to keep the transactions safe.