How to be healthy, easily
Caught in a rush between family, friends, a career and everything else, it is hard to take a moment for yourself. However, happy and healthy people tend to attract good things, whereas depressed and neglected people tend not to improve. This is why it is so important to keep a healthy lifestyle, no matter how many daily responsibilities you have to deal with. You will find that taking some time every week for these five activities will actually give you more energy and motivation to focus on the rest.
Don’t forget to move
It is what every doctor and every lifestyle blogger will tell you: keep moving. You don’t have to commit to a 60 days abs challenge, or try to run a marathon. The amount of energy you need to physically spend mainly depends on yourself and your habits. Being physically tired helps good sleep, evens the skin tone and gives you more energy. You will also find it easier to breathe and to focus. Finding ways to exercise without even noticing is not that hard.
- Walk to your office, the restaurant or go on a Sunday walk with your family and/or friends
- Find a morning routine that isn’t too time-consuming. It’ll get you energised for the day, and you’ll be proud to have started with a physical accomplishment
- Just take a few minutes to stretch and breath, 2-3 times a week.
Treat yourself: eat food that’s good for you
With all the organic-vegan-and-so-on delis around, there’s really no excuse for bad eating habits. You don’t even have to cook, with all the takeaway options. Healthy, or at least good quality food is good both for your skin tone, your heart, your muscles and your bones. It doesn’t take much to treat yourself with some healthy food!
- Eat 5 fruits/vegetables a day. If you don’t, that’s okay. But the more you try, the more natural it gets
- Avoid fast-foods. We all know they are bad for you, but they’re also a treat for small businesses and the environment. You probably get your guilty pleasure snacks from an independent deli, that uses fresh ingredients. You can also go shopping in health food stores, there are so many nowadays.
- Eat less meat. You don’t have to become a vegetarian, left aside a vegan! Meats like beef contain many chemicals that can be bad for you, so try to stay moderate. Also, eating less meat will lead you to discover delicious products you’ve never tried before.
It is important to take care of your body, but what about your brain? You can’t have a new one after a few years either! To prevent functional diseases, it is important to keep your brain active. It is a muscle, and like all muscles, it can become stronger when trained. Making better decisions, broadening your fields of interest, understanding more casinos games, it is all linked to your brain’s health. Here are a few tips to exercise your brain, and keep it awake daily.
- Learning new games and rules is a great way to keep your brain young, and your friends and family happy. Try and learn a new card game, and practice with them! Spending some together time while your brain is working, that’s efficiency.
- Novels, articles, essays, blog posts. The human brain can contain so many information, and that’s how you can feed it. It’s not about remembering everything you read, but about developing your imagination, creativity and increasing your knowledge.
- Meet people. It’ll force you to get out of your comfort zone and to try and express your ideas in new ways. However, a drunk talk at a party doesn’t count!
No matter what your professional or non-professional activities are, staying healthy should always be your priority. It is so much better to live a pleasant and long life. Also, you will find daily tasks easier to perform. Speaking of a win-win situation!